2011 WJF Intermediate Ball and Ring champion
Highest numbers juggled
Tanner Alder is an American juggler who lives in Utah. He started juggling in 2008, and in August 2011 he became the 3rd person ever to do a 7 ball 1 high 6 low 360 (Thomas Dietz and Lauge Benjaminsen had done it before), and the youngest ever to do it on video (he was 15).
- What do you like about juggling?
- I like juggling because there are so many different possibilites with tricks and variations, so you never get bored. I also like it because its a stress reliever and looks really cool and is a hobby that is a little different from everybody else.
- What is your favorite prop?
- My favorite prop is balls, mostly because you can do them anywhere and so thats why I practice them the most. Things like the wind don't affect them as much so you can juggle outside.
- What are your favorite tricks?
- I like pretty much everything. Technical and creative juggling. 7 up 360s are really fun but so are 3 ball under the leg combos. I like to practice with a mixture of new/technical juggling and I really love to see people doing both.
- How did you start juggling?
- I started juggling in 6th grade. My PE teacher could do 3 balls and so he decided to take a week and teach us all how to juggle. I had always wanted to learn but it was cool to finally try it out. I was probably a slower learner than most, and probably spent 8 hours at home before i had a solid 3 ball cascade. After that my improvement sky rocketed and I was the one teaching my teacher :)
- Juniors - 3rd place (tied with Vaclav Peca)
- 5 Ball 360s - 2nd place
- 5 Ball Freestyle - 1st place