- You may have to twist your torso slightly in between throws, in the direction of the hand that will throw next, to get your hand back far enough.
- Keep your hands low so the pattern isn't too fast.
- To make it look good, make sure the throws are low enough that they actually go behind your head.
Behind the neck world records with publicly available video evidence:
- 3 balls: 60 catches by José Lima in 2012 (video)
- 3 rings: 10 catches by Dave Leahy in 2013 (video)
- 3 clubs: 17 catches in 2013 (video)
- Non-crossing behind the neck throws
- Behind the neck throws from the opposite side
- Behind the neck shower
- Blind behind the neck - bend your head down and throw over it like in a behind the neck shower, but with both hands, in a cascade, looking down so you can't see the pattern.
- Behind the neck penguins
- Behind the neck 180
- Under the leg and behind the neck throws