- For the first technique, you may need to twist your torso slightly in between throws, in the direction of the hand that will throw next, to get your hand back far enough.
- To make it look good, make sure the throws are low enough that they actually go behind your head.
- Keep your hands low so the pattern isn't too fast.
Behind the neck world records with publicly available video evidence:
- 3 balls: 146 catches by Zach Dana in 2014 (video)
- 4 balls: 10 catches by Kuniaki Emoto in 2013 (video)
- 3 rings: 20 catches by Emmanuël Boissé Pinard in 2010 (video)
- 4 rings: 4 catches by Emmanuël Boissé Pinard in 2010 (video)
- Neck throws
- Behind the head throws
- Non-crossing behind the neck throws
- Behind the neck throws from the opposite side
- Behind the neck shower
- Blind behind the neck
- Behind the neck penguins
- Behind the neck 180
- Under the leg and behind the neck throws
- A different kind of behind the neck throws - Put your hand behind your neck and throw an object from there.
- Behind the neck catches - Put your hand behind your neck and catch an object there.
- One hand behind the neck
- Shoulder rolls